Faux Limestone

Old 01-23-05, 07:24 PM
Cindy in SD
Visiting Guest
Faux Limestone

Hi there,

I saw someone covering tile with an unnamed product on one of the home improvement shows (to imitate Limestone tile). I wrote to them, and they told me the product they used was no longer available.

I don't have any tile to cover--just a new slab. It's very flat and dry, so that's not a problem. Stucco has been suggested. Is that hard enough for a floor? Is there anything special I would need to do to the slab to make the stucco adhere?

I know, I know, it would be easier to just use limestone tile. I would love to do that, but I can't afford it. It's a big room. Any suggestions for texturing what ever medium I end up using (to look like stone) would be appreciated greatly as well.

Thanks so much,
Cindy in SD

Old 01-23-05, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try these URLs to see if this is the look your going for.

www.Scofield.com

www.acidstain.com

Old 01-24-05, 02:02 PM
Cindy in SD
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the suggestion, Perry.

The acid stain is definitely a beautiful look. I did this in one of my studio work rooms. I was hoping I could get something with some actual texture in this guest room, though. I don't want it to be hard to walk on, of course, but I would like some physical depth to it. More like tile.

I loved the texture stamps on the Schofield page, but I'm not certain how to go about using them. What material do you stamp them into? I don't see a purchase link for these items, or a search for retail outlets, either. Maybe I could find them at the place where I purchased the acid stain.

I don't know a lot about working with concrete--the slab and the site preparation/septic system were the only two things we didn't actually do ourselves on this building--but I'm sure I could figure it out.

Thanks for any input,
Cindy in SD

Last edited by Cindy in SD; 01-24-05 at 02:14 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: