Backsplash + removing tiles......

Old 01-23-05, 10:15 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backsplash + removing tiles......

I read the articles for removing tiles and wondering if this is my only hope. I have tile backsplash that Im removing then replacing with granite tiles, the drywall paper is coming off with the tile (of course!) do I have to cut out the entire backsplash/drywall of the wall and replace it if Im going to replace them with granite tiles? thanks!!

Dan

Old 01-25-05, 12:32 PM
T
It will be much easier and quicker to remove the dry wall and replace with new. Once the paper is gone, the gypsum will just drink the moisture out of the thinset, eliminating a good bond and swelling the substrate. While the backslpash sheet rock is gone, you can take the opportunity to easily do things such as run under cabinet lighting wiring, add outlets, backsplash mounted garbage disposal switch, cable wire, etc, to further improve the look and functionality of your kitchen.

Old 01-27-05, 09:29 AM
D
As much as I didnt want to cut out the dry wall..it worked out ok, I will tile this weekend!. I replaced the sections and applied joint compound in the little cracks. Looks alot better than a wall thats all dinged up. Thanks!!

Dan

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: