Tile Saw to cut wood?

Old 02-26-05, 08:00 AM
Mumbles
Visiting Guest
Tile Saw to cut wood?

I just purchased a Workforce Tile Saw. I was planning to also buy a small table saw to cut wood. But now I wonder, can I just put a wood cutting blade in the tile saw and use it to cut wood? What's the difference? I looked around and found a saw called the swap top tile saw that is designed to do this. Too late though, I already have a tile saw.

Old 02-26-05, 09:22 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No you can't. I wouldn't do it any way. You can get a decent table saw for under a hundred. No amount of savings is worth injury. Every injury related to tools and construction hurt the entire industry. Be safe and use the right tools. Who complains about having to buy new tools. I look for reasons why my tools aren't good enough so I can buy more.
Have a good one,
Bryan

Old 02-27-05, 08:42 AM
A tile saw spins the blade opposite of a table saw. You would have to cut from the back of the saw, then the motor postarm would really be in the way.

Table saws are cheap.... Have you been pawn shopping lately?
Here's your chance! Remember, never pay what it is marked or the first price they tell you. Haggle and straight face them!!

Old 02-28-05, 05:26 AM
H
I was helping a friend on a job and he tried the same thing. He put the wood blade on the table saw and turned it on. The blade would not even spin because it did not have enough clearance. I'm sure you can get a decent table saw at HD for under $100.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: