Transition from Hardiebacker to Drywall?

Old 03-14-05, 10:08 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Transition from Hardiebacker to Drywall?

This is my first bathrooom redo so I have a few questions. I am tiling around a tub, and I have installed 1/2 hardi backer on the wall arround the bathtub. 9 foot ceilings, but the tile will only go up about 7 feet, so I have the backer only where there will be tile. The top 2 feet of wall is greenboard. My question is how do I handle the transition from Hardi to green board? Do I tape it with fiberglass drywall tape? Do I mud over the seam with drywall mud, or do i use mortar? Also, where two pieces of Hardi come together, do I tape and mortar? Someone told me I just tape, and then when the tiles are set the thinset will fill the gap. I have heard many variations and am starting to get confused. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

Old 03-15-05, 11:32 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
FIll and tape with thinset at the seams. Run the tile so that the last peice of tile or surface cap covers the seam between the backer and sheet rock. THe seam there should be thinsetted and taped. Do that as you set the tile so the tile does not stand proud of the rest of the field.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: