ceramic tile over plywood

Old 03-25-05, 12:56 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ceramic tile over plywood

if it is not recommended to put ceramic tile over vinyl,can i put plywood over the vinyl if i have a slap under neath the vinly, then put the ceramic tile over the plywood?

Old 03-26-05, 06:05 AM
T
Vinyl and it's common underlayments are no good under tile anywhere. They can introduce verticle movement which results in cracked tile and grout. What's your subfloor and what's under the vinyl for an underlayment?

Old 03-27-05, 08:38 PM
J
i went ahead and took the vinyl off the subfloor which is cement. now- what is a good underlayment? i was thinking about using plywood. do i need to level the floor and then put the plywood down or can i just put the plywood over the cement. or do i just use a liquid leveler and then put the tile down.? also i was wondering if i did alot of work for nothing. could i have keeped the vinly which was over cement and just put plywood down over the vinly and then tile over the plywood?

Last edited by jerry1967; 03-27-05 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-28-05, 05:20 AM
T
This is a duplicated question reworded. No tile over vinyl, no ply over vinyl then tile and no plywood over a slab. Lets keep everything in your first thread so nothing gets lost.
First thread:
http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...811#post748811

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: