Wetsaw--buy vs rent

Old 03-29-05, 05:26 PM
babedog1
Visiting Guest
Wetsaw--buy vs rent

I am completely missing something with the "search" for this forum??? I'm trying to search for posts on "wet saws" and each time I put that in the "keyword search" and instruct to search on "community forums" I'm not getting any relevant results. What am I doing wrong??? I must not be the only one with this problem?!?!?

Almost impossible to use this forum if you can't search it! Thanks.

Old 03-29-05, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both words wet and saw have 3 letters. It seems that the search engine filters out 3 letter words.

If you have a specific question about the wet saw maybe we can help.

I will see if the programers can address this problem.

Old 03-29-05, 07:21 PM
babedog1
Visiting Guest
I was trying to see posts on discussions of wet saws. I am trying to decide whether to rent or buy one for a 200 sq foot tile job. I'm using 20" porcelain tile and 6.5 x 6.5 on the diagonal. At least that's my plan at this point. So, I wanted to see comments posted on experience with certain brands of wet saws.

Old 03-30-05, 04:42 AM
KLINK167
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by babedog1
I was trying to see posts on discussions of wet saws. I am trying to decide whether to rent or buy one for a 200 sq foot tile job. I'm using 20" porcelain tile and 6.5 x 6.5 on the diagonal. At least that's my plan at this point. So, I wanted to see comments posted on experience with certain brands of wet saws.
I don't know how much it cost to rent, but I have gone with the simple rule in the past.....If you're not going to use it again or very much at all after your job, renting is the way to go.

Old 03-30-05, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a wet saw for $300, it's the perfect size for 12 inch ceramic tiles.
I'm doing 3, maybe four rooms this year, so it made sense to buy.

If I was doing 20 inch tiles and porcelin on top of that, I'd be out a lot of money.
Dry-fit your tiles, plan your cuts and you can probably get by with one day rental.

Old 04-07-05, 01:28 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my MK diamond saw on Amazon.I got a MK-370EXP for $250.00, They had free shipping and $20 off all tool purchases. I couldn't beat that price anywhere on the net.

This was one of the few saws that can rip 18" tiles.

Excellent saw, crappy water pump. Beats renting it from HD. I like to space out my jobs and I also had a few rooms to do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: