Grout nightmare! Help.

Old 04-01-05, 07:47 AM
CyberCecil
Visiting Guest
Grout nightmare! Help.

I just re-did my Parents' kitchen and installed a light grey tile countertop and backsplash with a white, non-epoxy, sanded grout. Unfortunately my Parents were using the counter before I had a chance to seal the grout. Well, last night the coffee maker went nuts and decided to leak coffee all over the counter. I now have a half white and half coffee colored grout situation.

What is my best option here? I don't really want to remove all the grout and re-do it if I can avoid it. Can I clean it, Re-color it or use magic?

HELP!!!

Old 04-01-05, 03:01 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless you know magic, you'd better just pull the grout out and put new in.
Later
Bryan

Old 04-02-05, 06:35 AM
T
Your best to rake out the grout and replace. Reminds me of geting a call about a new countertop I had grouted 2 days earlier. I was very clear about using extreme care for the first 3 days until it could get sealed. I don't normally seal, just advise, but this was one of those rare return to seal occasions. It was the evening before I was to return to seal the grout. Red Hawiian punch spilled onto the grout. Needless to say, instead of sealing that next morning, I was cutting out lots of grout.

Old 04-04-05, 06:44 AM
Or you could make another pot of coffee...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: