Dura Ceramic Tile

Old 04-12-05, 03:32 PM
louie
Visiting Guest
Question Dura Ceramic Tile

Does anybody have any experiance with dura ceramic tile? I heard its easier to install than the traditional ceramic tile, but I am also wondering if there are any other pros and cons versus ceramic tile (other than the fact that is warmer and not as hard). Looking for any feedback....thanks.

Old 04-16-05, 05:37 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No responses yet and I hate to see zeros in the reply column. I have no experience with it, but I have heard of issues with Duraceramic delaminating and that dura stone is a better product than duraceramic. I have also read advice that is the opposite of that-duraceramic being better than durastone. I think one of the biggest issues with either is that the floor needs to be dead flat for a sucessful install. Maybe you could check with people you know and if any of them have a subscription to Consumer reports, then see if they can look up any feedback. Another alternative would be to do a web search for "ceramic forum" and "ceramic message board" and go to those forums you find and type your product into their forum search bar. Any reason why not to go with a real tile floor?

Old 04-16-05, 10:18 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a search for dura ceramic tile and most of the unbiased opinion seems to be leading in the direction of "don't use it". There are some good but too many bad to take the chance. Just my opinion from what I have read. I have no experience with it nor do I intend to

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: