Where hardwood meets tile

Old 05-02-05, 02:34 PM
kdnovak
Visiting Guest
Where hardwood meets tile

We have recently refinished the hardwood floors in our home. There are three locations where the hardwood meets tile and I'm wondering the best way to make sure no water/moisture will get underneath the wood...the wood is sealed, but there is a gap (in the kitchen) where the tile meets the hardwood at both entrances.

What is the best way to ensure that we keep both the hardwood and the tile in good condition at this meeting point?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-05, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How big of a gap do you have. Really, if you are spilling enough water to get through a gap and hurt the wood then you are going to hurt it whether there is a gap or not. Without seeing what you have, I would say it needs to be caulked or grouted. I hope you don't have enough water spilled that it would matter.
Later
Bryan

Old 05-03-05, 10:27 AM
kdnovak
Visiting Guest
Well, in the kitchen, it's far enough away from the sink that I shouldn't be getting water there regularly...but part of it is from the back door in to the kitchen and I'm just concerned about wet shoes....OR when we're cleaning the kitchen floor.... The gap is not large, but when we first cleaned the floor (between when the floor was stained and when it was finished with the polyeurethane), we must have gotten a little water from cleaning under it or water from outside (it was winter then) and it got darker (we did fix those spots)...and I just don't want it to happen again. I guess it is possible those parts weren't sanded enough to begin with because that area had been very weathered before we started working on it and I might not have noticed....