Help- Grout Powder in my Granite Counters!!

Old 05-15-05, 03:02 PM
Sun
Visiting Guest
Angry Help- Grout Powder in my Granite Counters!!

Hi- I am new to the forum and I need help! Today we tiled the backsplash of our kitchen. The tiling came out beautifully but we discovered that the tiny specks of grout have made their way into the tiny grooves in the granite counters!! The grout is a light beige and the granite is dark so it is very noticeable. It looks as though there is powder just on the surface of the counter and we did not wipe down the counters.
We've tried scrubbing, hot water, windex. Obviously the granite has not been sealed yet. This was on our list of things-to-do in our new home. I guess we should've done this first.
ANY SUGGESTIONS??? The counter looks horrible!
Thanks!!

Old 05-15-05, 07:09 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Contact the fabricator who made your countertop to get their recommendation on a cleaning product. Different stones react differently to the various cleaners out there so you need to get the right one for your particular stone. BTW windex is not a good thing for granite, it will dull the stone over time.
If your fabricator gives you the runaround, I will put you in touch with a person who only teaches the art of cleaning stone and can give you the info you need. You will need to know the exact name of your granite.

Last edited by twelvepole; 05-16-05 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Directing discussion off forums

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: