12X12 Granite Tiles

Old 06-01-05, 01:54 PM
vmille
Visiting Guest
Cool 12X12 Granite Tiles

This is my first time tiling countertops, the top of the countertop went very well, now my question, on the back splash, how do you cut the holes for the electricial outlet in the middle of a 12X12 Granite tile? I have a very nice wet saw but its for straight cuts...... don't want to piece it......help

Old 06-01-05, 03:25 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angle grinder with dry cut diamond blade or if you measure where you want the cut exactly, take them to a stone fabricator, they will cut them for you.

Old 06-01-05, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mark the size of the opening in a colored pencil on the backside of the tile. The mickey mouse ears on the outlets should rest on the tile after the cut is done, but the screw holes in the mounting box should not be covered by tile. Use your wet saw to plunge cut the opening, if it has that capability. Cut all 4 sides then do an X cut between corners to make the pieces smaller. If you cut through enough you can tap them out from the front, just rest the tile on a flat surface so you dont break it. If the saw does not have the capability then do what RD suggested. Practice on a waste piece first and you will get the hang of it, I'm sure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: