v cap or bull?

Old 06-08-05, 07:59 AM
LAZ
Visiting Guest
Question v cap or bull?

i am tiling my bath. Have 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" header that is in front of my shower opening Used bull nose on top, (both edges), 41/4 on front face,rounded edge under edge of 4 1/2. Question: on the bottom edge of header looking out from the shower, should i go with a V-cap, .. my thought is with the slight drip edge i could direct the water better than a bull nose.

also my floor is ready for tile . my toilet pipe does not have a flange yet (plumber not me) do i need to alow for flange or can the flange just sit on top of finished tile?

thanks

Old 06-08-05, 05:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Double check with your plumber about the flange. I have done it both ways, depends on what the plumber wants. I prefer the flange in first because some plumbers will crack the tile trying drill through it to anchor the flange.

I suppose the v cap will work, not exactly sure what you are doing (I'm thick sometimes, well, maybe most of the time). I would have preferred to see a one piece marble sill on top of the bulkhead, less chance for water intrusion because there is no grout line to crack open and you can control the pitch for water runoff better and at 6" wide there is a drip cap built in on the inside edge.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: