Removing Paint from Marble Fireplace Mantle

Old 06-01-00, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a Victorian marble fireplace with detailed carvings, that was originally an off white marble. Some previous owner or tenant has painted it. I want to remove the paint but do not want to ruin the marble. Are typical paint strippers safe to use on marble?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-00, 12:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Use the ORANGE COLORED and SCENTED MILD but effective Citristrip. It is enviormentally friendly and works great without damaging the surface. If it is possible apply the stripper and cover with FOIL. Yes FOIL. The foil will keep the stripper from evaporating. As long as the stripper is wet it is working. Be sure to brush in only one direction since there are addatives which help hold the heat down and work best if the stripper is brushed in one direction.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjt:
I have a Victorian marble fireplace with detailed carvings, that was originally an off white marble. Some previous owner or tenant has painted it. I want to remove the paint but do not want to ruin the marble. Are typical paint strippers safe to use on marble?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>