floor repair

Old 06-13-00, 10:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello, I have just scape of vinyl tile in an area 24'x 28'. This tile had to be 30 years old or more. It took 12 hours to remove...underneath the tile were two surfaces concrete and marble tile. There is a combo of what seems to be tar and adhesive left on the floor. I am not interested in laying more tile...I am going for smooth finish, that seems to be either stained or marblelized, and has a gloss finish. I like the cracks in the floor. My question is can I just "float" over the tar (it is hard as a rock) and the adhesive? If not how can I remove it without having to scape some more.
The floor does not have to be perfect, in fact the more imperfections in shades will give the antique, marblelized look I am looking for...Please help with any suggestions or referrals of who to ask....Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-00, 10:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Use a KS stripper from KLEENSTRIPP can be purchased at home depot. Also check out the
GRANITEKOTE for Floors at http://www.newkote.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rdiaz:
Hello, I have just scape of vinyl tile in an area 24'x 28'. This tile had to be 30 years old or more. It took 12 hours to remove...underneath the tile were two surfaces concrete and marble tile. There is a combo of what seems to be tar and adhesive left on the floor. I am not interested in laying more tile...I am going for smooth finish, that seems to be either stained or marblelized, and has a gloss finish. I like the cracks in the floor. My question is can I just "float" over the tar (it is hard as a rock) and the adhesive? If not how can I remove it without having to scape some more.
The floor does not have to be perfect, in fact the more imperfections in shades will give the antique, marblelized look I am looking for...Please help with any suggestions or referrals of who to ask....Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>