tile grout

Old 06-21-00, 06:37 AM
Visiting Guest
After completing a room with tile I began to grout with a selected color of "sandstone" chosen out of a pamplet. Grouting was going to be done in stages to have continued usage of the room. Completing about the 1st 80 sq ft and letting it dry, I found the coloring washed out looking, 3-4 shades lighter. When wet it is very close to the color selected. Now I am at a point of what to do. Removing the grout and getting another bag of the same color thinking it was mismarked, a darker color, trying a oil based sealant to see if it darkens it.
I dry mixed grout, added the 2 qts of water and mixed well. Washed excess after 15 minutes and then rewashed after 40 minutes. Hopefully this was correct and I havent did something to cause this. Also I have heard that lemon oil is a good sealant and was wondering what your thoughts were on this and would it darken the grout?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-00, 08:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Let it cure for a few days. There is always a difference when you grout at different times. Then decide.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rocket:
After completing a room with tile I began to grout with a selected color of "sandstone" chosen out of a pamplet. Grouting was going to be done in stages to have continued usage of the room. Completing about the 1st 80 sq ft and letting it dry, I found the coloring washed out looking, 3-4 shades lighter. When wet it is very close to the color selected. Now I am at a point of what to do. Removing the grout and getting another bag of the same color thinking it was mismarked, a darker color, trying a oil based sealant to see if it darkens it.
I dry mixed grout, added the 2 qts of water and mixed well. Washed excess after 15 minutes and then rewashed after 40 minutes. Hopefully this was correct and I havent did something to cause this. Also I have heard that lemon oil is a good sealant and was wondering what your thoughts were on this and would it darken the grout?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>