Installing floor tile in kitchen

Old 06-22-00, 09:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

My son is redoing his kitchen due to water damage. He has had to remove the entire floor, all that exists now is the first floor. He had been told that he could go directly over this flooring with the durock and then put the tile on top of this. Someone else told him that he had to put down a layer of plywood first then the durock and then the tile. This will make the floor too tall. He wants the floor to be the same height as the hall, because he is going to lay tile in the hall and then move directly into the kitchen. Can you help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-00, 09:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Personally I would just lay the durock.
But try this link and see what you think.
http://www.usgcorp.com/diycb/diycb0.htm

by [email protected]:
My son is redoing his kitchen due to water damage. He has had to remove the entire floor, all that exists now is the first floor. He had been told that he could go directly over this flooring with the durock and then put the tile on top of this. Someone else told him that he had to put down a layer of plywood first then the durock and then the tile. This will make the floor too tall. He wants the floor to be the same height as the hall, because he is going to lay tile in the hall and then move directly into the kitchen. Can you help? Thanks[/QUOTE]