concrete floor prep

Old 07-12-00, 08:12 AM
Visiting Guest
I have just removed outdoor carpeting from my lanai(outdoor but covered) which was glued down to bare concrete floor. Unsure what type of adhesive was used. Looking for suggestions on how to get the rest of this adhesive off. Will be replacing with another outdoor carpet so do I need to seal the concrete before I glue down the new carpet?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-00, 08:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Use the adhesive remover in the floor section of your local home center. Also you may consider just scraping it and laying the new stuff down with contact cement. If you try stripping the old glue off it may be hard to get the all the stripper residue off.
Consider scraping until even then apply the contact cement. The contact cement may just reactivate your old adhesive.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tucker13:
I have just removed outdoor carpeting from my lanai(outdoor but covered) which was glued down to bare concrete floor. Unsure what type of adhesive was used. Looking for suggestions on how to get the rest of this adhesive off. Will be replacing with another outdoor carpet so do I need to seal the concrete before I glue down the new carpet?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>