How do you get the dried grout off the tile?

Old 07-15-00, 11:45 AM
Visiting Guest
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I have just tiled and grouted my kitchen floor. I washed the grout off 7 times but this morning there are still spots where there is dried grout on the surface of the tiles. They are rough finished porcelin tiles. How do I get the grout off the tiles?

[This message has been edited by CPhilip (edited July 15, 2000).]

Old 07-19-00, 05:07 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by CPhilip:
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I have just tiled and grouted my kitchen floor. I washed the grout off 7 times but this morning there are still spots where there is dried grout on the surface of the tiles. They are rough finished porcelin tiles. How do I get the grout off the tiles?

<HR>

Old 07-19-00, 05:08 PM
Visiting Guest
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Go to www.customtile.cc
<HR>

Old 07-20-00, 07:14 AM
Visiting Guest
If you're talking about a haze, and you're trying to get it off with a wet sponge or mop, try a dry towel instead. You may just be spreading it around.

Old 07-21-00, 08:59 AM
Visiting Guest
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

<HR>

I used muriatic acid and water, about 3 water to 1 acid. Put it on with a squeeze bottle and let it sit for a few minutes and wiped the tile with a cloth and water. Came right off. Didn't harm the tile. Use rubber gloves and wear a mask.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: