Is this done to professional standards?

Old 08-18-05, 09:19 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Is this done to professional standards?

I posted a previous thread about a problem, and every is fine. But now I noticed something else.

I just had ceramic tile professionally installed in my bathroom. There is a 3/4" thick wood reducer transition piece between the bathroom and the hallway's wood floor because the tile floor is now higher. The problem is with a tile that butts against this wood reducer is flush with it on one side but slopes up to 3/8" higher on the other - creating a little tile "cliff" that looks like sloppy work.

The reason for this is that over a 14" run of this tile the wood floor (& thus the reducer) slopes down 1/8" from left to right. This one tile slopes the opposite way (right to left) about 2/8". If this one tile was installed so that it was flush (or at least parallel) with the wood reducer it would look better.

Would most professional installers consider this good enough? Or am I just being picky? The fact that is it quite obvious because it is in the doorway is my biggest complaint.

Is is asking alot for them to replace/reinstall this one tile? Will it be harder to do the longer they wait?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-05, 11:16 AM
Is the tile laying flat or does it slope up? I cant tell from the wording in your post. If it is flat, which it should be then you should change out the wood reducer or reseat it so it is flat also.

Old 08-18-05, 12:22 PM
B
This one tile itself slope down from right to left. The reducer is flat against the floor, but the floor slopes slightly down left to right, so the reducer slopes left to right.

Another tile that abuts the reducer is level with the reducer, so the issues is just that one tile.

Visual if the above still isn't helpful - put your left forearm across your chest with you hand just slightly lower than your elbow (this is the reducer). Put your right forearm across your chest and place your right hand on your left elbow. Raise you right elbow slightly (This is the tile)

Old 08-19-05, 06:22 AM
B
Question

Any other input from anybody. I'm trying to figure out if I should have them fix it or not.

Thanks.