Grout color

Old 08-23-05, 08:38 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Grout color

Hi, I have recently installed porcelain tile in my lower level entryway. I am satisfied with everything except the grout color. The information on the bag of grout states that there are variations in grout colors. However what I have seems to be a bit lighter from what I ordered. I also notice some lighter and darker areas throughout. I have already washed everything (tile and grout) as directed by the tile/grout manufacture with a haze remover after a 10 day cure period also indicated on product from manufacture. They suspected a haze over the grout as well as the tiles. When the grout is wet the color seems more uniform as well as darker, I prefer this appearance when wet. Is there any way I can seal this or color this to achieve this appearance? I have sealed other tiles/grout projects in the past and my expirience with the sealers I have used is no permanent darkening or color change. Short of removing the grout and starting all over (not an option at this point) Is there a possible solution?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-05, 05:13 PM
T
Yes, grout colorants.

Old 08-24-05, 05:31 AM
J
Thanks you!

Hi Tileman and thank you for the quick response and the helpful advice.
Thanks again.

Old 08-24-05, 07:45 PM
Some penetrating sealers will alter the grout color but still may not make it uniform so the grout colorant would be the best answer. If you cant find it locally try www.groutdye.com They carry a lot of colors that match up to the major grout manufacturers so you will probably find the color you tried to achieve originally

Old 08-25-05, 09:01 AM
J
great website friendly people!

I can't thank you enough for all your help reguarding this matter It is good to have options and a website with friendly knowledgeable people like yourself.
Thanks again!