Electric Floor Heat

Old 08-25-05, 12:38 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electric Floor Heat

Has anyone used these electric floor systems under their tile floors? I'm looking at installing Thermosoft Radiant floor mats in my bathroom installation. I've read good thing on the web sites but wanted to get the "real" stuff from people that have actually installed them.

Thanks

Old 08-25-05, 02:49 PM
When installed correctly they work fine. An electric mat will not generate enough heat in a room to become the primary heat source on a cold day, you would need to get the hot water tubing radiant heat instead for that. The mats will warm the tile and the air as it comes in contact with the tile. You will find the heat to be more uniform around the room rather than concentrated up high as with forced hot air. They can be a bit pricey to install but not too bad to run, especially if you use a timer, but all in all its still electric and I guess none of that is cheap.

Old 08-26-05, 10:15 AM
S
I have a forced air system that I plan to use for primary heat. I just want the tile heat to take the chill off and not be so cold. The area is onlt about 80 sq. ft. so it's no too big, I don't think it will too much to run it. I estimated the cost with a thermostat to be about $600 and I'd do the install myself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: