Need help with the Self Leveling mix

Old 08-25-05, 03:37 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with the Self Leveling mix

I posted recently that i was confident in the prep work before the actual setting of the tile but after putting down the self leveling mix onto the concrete floor in my 3 season room, it set very unlevel (I shouldn't have spoken so soon). There is an area that runs down the middle of the room that is lower than the rest. What can I do to fix this? My thought is just to again use the self leveling mix but can i just do it to the part that is lower or is it best just to go over the whole room again? Also, it says to reprime if dry. Do i use the primer diluted or undiluted? Is putting extra thinset down when i install the tiles a good idea? I don't like that only because i have a fear the tiles will eventually pop up. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Pat

Old 08-25-05, 04:08 PM
T
Yes, you can reprime and pour more and feather it to where it is level and only fill the low spot, how low is it?, if you place a straightedge across the floor, how much space is under it where it is low?

Old 08-25-05, 05:00 PM
P
the low spots

are anywhere from 1/8" to 1/4". Very disappointing on how this turned out. Do i just use the primer undiluted? Thanks for the help.

Pat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: