Is it very necessary to mist my grout during curing?

Old 08-31-05, 09:49 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is it very necessary to mist my grout during curing?

I have polyblend sanded grout by custom building products (from good ol' home depot). On the back of the box it says "periodically mist the installation with clean cool water for 3 days". Well, I'd like to grout my bathroom floor and then go away camping or something so I won't miss not having a toilet installed at home (how ironic)
Anyways, will the grout be ruined if I don't mist it? What if I only mist it for a day or two? And what exactly does periodically mist it mean anyways? Once a day, three times???? Thanks for your input.

Old 09-01-05, 01:51 PM
In their case it means once a day for three days. It wont kill the grout if you dont. It slows down the curing process making the grout harder, but dont worry about it. At least 90% of all grout jobs dont get misted and they all last for many years.

Old 09-01-05, 07:26 PM
R
AWESOME!
Thank you SOOOOO much.

~Kelly

Old 09-06-05, 10:39 PM
diego79
Visiting Guest
I agree. Most grout jobs don't get misted or wiped down with a wet sponge but last for a long time.

Also note that not all grouts require misting after installation. Polyblend does and says so on the box. Whatever the manufactures instructions says always prevails.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: