Caulk for new shower

Old 09-13-05, 04:09 PM
PatriciaTye
Visiting Guest
Caulk for new shower

I've completed a new shower stall...tiled and grouted with grey grout. I need to caulk my corners, but hit a roadblock in efforts to find appropriate silicone caulk (with milder inhibitor) in a grey color to match the grout. GE silicone II (for bath and kitchens) appears to come only in white, clear, and almond. Anybody know of any other alternatives? Thanks in advance

Patricia

Old 09-13-05, 08:19 PM
MarkinNH
Visiting Guest
I just used Tec brand grout and they sell matching color caulk, and they have lots of colors. Dont know if it has a mildew inhibitor, but I guess Ill find out. They sell it specifically for this application, so it should be adequate.

Old 09-15-05, 06:50 AM
PatriciaTye
Visiting Guest
Thanks. I think I checked out the Tec product at Lowes, and was concerned it didn't advertise itself to be 100% silicone, which is what every source I've looked at recommends for showers. So some concern there. I'll verify it was/wasn't the tec product when I'm in Lowes next. Regardless, I'm fairly sure you're right...they wouldn't sell the product to match grout if it wasn't appropriate for shower use. I'm probably being a bit over cautious.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: