Cleaning grout with phosphoric acid cleaner question

Old 09-25-05, 09:51 AM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
Cleaning grout with phosphoric acid cleaner question

My bathroom floor has the small ceramic tile. They are little one inch squares. My question is, do I need to reseal it and if so, do I need to use the small bottle with the wheel (which would be very time consuming) or should I sponge mop it on?

Old 09-25-05, 04:31 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When was the last time you sealed it?

Old 09-26-05, 01:47 PM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
Never, the house was built in 59, so the grout was pretty dirty. The acid has it looking white and new again. So I would imagine it probably needs it. If so how would you go about applying it?
Thanks

Old 09-26-05, 04:47 PM
T
You said reseal it, so I thought it was sealed at one time.

In any case, go to HD and oick up some Aquamix Gold 15 sealer, only use that one, not the others they sell, now go to the wall with all the tile gadgets on them, you will see small grout applicator bottles, either with a small brush or wheel on the tip, buy it, now pour the sealer in the bottle and apply to the grout only, or yes, maybe do a small section with a brush or sponge and then a few seconds later, wipe it off the tile, don't let it dry on the tile or you will have a hard to remove film on your hands, this is glazed tile, yes?

Old 09-26-05, 09:21 PM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
The wall tile is glazed, but the floor tile dosn't appear to be.
Man thats alot of sealer rolling with all of those little squares. What would be the out come of sponge mopping the grout and tiles? I wasn't planning on use the high gloss stuff, but what would you recommend.
Thank you for your replys, I do appreciate your help.

Old 09-27-05, 04:38 PM
T
Use the Aquamix and wipe it off the tile before it dries.

Old 09-27-05, 08:36 PM
AVRECON
Visiting Guest
So I guess what you are telling me that the only 'pro' way to reseal is with the bottle and wheel.
What would be the outcome be if I did leave the sealer on the tile?
Again, thank you for you responses.

Old 09-28-05, 05:04 PM
T
Yes, you can just brush it on, but if it dries on the tile, you will get a hard to remove film on them, Wipe, Wipe, Wipe.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: