starting point for ceramic tile in room slightly off square

Old 10-02-05, 09:07 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
starting point for ceramic tile in room slightly off square

I'm laying ceramic tiles in a bathroom that is slightly off square, what is the best starting area to begin laying down the tile (center of room corner etc?) also what is the best and easiest way to compensate for this. the room is about 1/2 inch off and is approx 6'3 by 7'4 and I am putting down 13x13 tile.

Old 10-02-05, 11:38 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There's no hard and fast rule to where to start your layout. If it's a typical hall bath, which it sounds like from your dimensions, I try to square off the longest wall, and run full tiles off of that since that wall is usually opposite the vanity and maybe the toilet. That way the most visible tiles are nice and big. On the other axis I usually start with a full tile against the tub or shower, unless that leaves a little sliver cut in the doorway. If that's how it lays out shift your layout half a tile and start with that. If you really aren't sure just set tiles on the floor loose to see what kind of cuts you get, and if you don't like it, shift it over. Btw always do your best work right in front of the toilet, you and anybody else who uses it has nothing better to do while sitting there than pick your job apart .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: