Tile cutting

Old 10-11-05, 11:59 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile cutting

I was wondering what the best way to cut 1" diamond and 3" hex ceramic tiles is? I probably have about 30 of each to cut.

thanks
deacon

and thanks for the previous help with my underlayment questions. I went with the Ditra and it worked wonderfully.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-05, 06:32 PM
T
Nippers or a wet saw.

What are you cutting, those small tile or do you have to cut out diamonds?, little confused.

Old 10-12-05, 11:05 AM
T
The tile is a mosaic made up of white 3" hex and black 1" diamond (accents) on fiberglass backing. I need to cut both the hex and diamonds in half to finish off at the walls and where the tile meets the rest of the wood floor in the kitchen. I was thinking a wet saw but not sure if it would be to hard with such small tiles. How do the nippers work?

thanks tileman.

deaon

Old 10-12-05, 11:22 AM
T
Might be a pain, but use the wet saw, the problem is when most of those backings, if the brown paper is used, fall apart when they get wet, install the tile leaving out just the ones that need cutting, then cut each one, one at a time, I know, I know.

Or just cut the strip that needs cutting on the wet saw, as they go through the blade they might fall off the paper, but you won't have to do them one at a time, just don't put the whole sheet on the table to cut the end pieces in half, you'll see.

Old 10-13-05, 06:02 AM
T
So I'll go with the wet saw then. Thanks for the top notch advice and tips tileman

deacon