Cutting Tile In Entryway ( Sequel to Preparing entry Subfloor)

Old 10-16-05, 03:45 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Cutting Tile In Entryway ( Sequel to Preparing entry Subfloor)

OK guys -
Here it is,day 14..... ( I don't do much work on the entryway during the week, so it has taken me approx. 3 full days to get to this point)

I've removed the old tile, laid cement board ( thinset and screwed down), and laid all my field tiles. Today I realized the old tile cutter I had would not work with the 12" tiles - too wimpy.... So.... I am now the proud owner of a wet saw! ( I plan to do more tiling, and figure that it would pay for itself in the long run)

I used it to great results today, cutting almost all the tiles I needed to cut.
However, I have two tiles that I don't like the results of:

1. Both are transitioning between the entryway and a coat closet - at the doorframes.

2. I used the wet saw to make small cuts along the marks I traced on the tile, and broke off the cut edges, and sanded,but it looks HORRIBLE!

I'm just proud of myself for learning how to use the wet saw!

3. Should I try to backsaw the door moulding? What happens if I cannot get totally through it? ( It's three layers......)

My guesstimate as to your replies is to cut into the moulding - to allow a cleaner cut and transition- rather than cutting around it....

Any assistance is appreciated! God Bless!

Old 10-16-05, 05:24 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless your good at cutting around them, cut the molding or remove them, install your tile and reset them over it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: