porcelain tile repair

Old 10-22-05, 11:09 AM
anna
Visiting Guest
porcelain tile repair

I have a porcelain tile floor. Unfortunately, during a remodeling job several tiles must have had hammers dropped upon them, leaving a slight chip on the tile. Is there a porcelain filler that I may use to fix the tiles?

Old 10-22-05, 05:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not familiar with anything for porcelain. Granite fabricators has epoxies and dust mixes they use to fill the seams of countertops, maybe that would work. Try a local fabricating shop and see what they suggest.

Old 10-23-05, 02:29 PM
anna
Visiting Guest
What a great idea! Thanks so very much.

Old 10-23-05, 05:25 PM
T
REPLACE the TILE,

Last edited by mattison; 10-25-05 at 07:51 AM. Reason: The rest was of no help to the poster.
Old 10-25-05, 05:58 AM
anna
Visiting Guest
Get real! You find the match for the tile after a few years. At least Tileguybob had something constructive to offer.

Old 10-25-05, 06:09 PM
T
That's why you keep a few extra after every job, just in case, same for shower walls, always have enough to do the shower body wall, when the plumber comes to fix that leaky body years down the road.

I only suggested the correct way to fix this problem, everything else is a patch and will be noticed, but yes, epoxy, grout, nail polish, magic marker, crayons, colored mortar, and paint will all help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: