Subfloor ?????

Old 11-11-05, 09:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow Subfloor ?????

Hi out there,

I've posted here a couple of times before with good results and do appreciate the feedback. I've got a 5'x9' bathroom that has a one inch cement floor that I recently took the tile off to get to. Underneath it is some diagonal wood planks about 5 or 6 inches across. I'm wondering if I can tile over the old floor. There are some cracks and I have found the toilet to have a bit of leaking around the flange area. There is also a spot that water found its way to by the tub's corner and it seems to have kinda eroded the cement in a 8" radius. In that area, the tile came off with the cement stuck to it so as to show the wood floor. Is there a way to flatten the floor, maybe self-levelling something or other, and repair the water damaged area without having to pull up the whole floor? Maybe "float" the floor, if I've got my terminology right. If I do need to pull up the floor, if the concrete is screwed to the wood, won't I have to put in a whole new floor? Thanks in advance and remodel on!!!

Bryan

Old 11-12-05, 07:31 AM
chrisnoblesfloo
Visiting Guest
OK If I understand right. You have a morter bed for tile. If you go to a Space flooring store or home d then you should find ardex. It is a cement compound. It sould level you up and have you ready for new. I would caulk the edges of the floor at the bad spot next time and around and toilet or tub. That is just me.. If you are going back with tile in the area. I would think just the thinset would fill the void. Then again. I am no expert but I try to be.. LOL!!

LATER

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: