Grout is two tone color ...

Old 11-21-05, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Grout is two tone color ...

We just layed out the tarvertine tile in the kitchen and bathrooms... We put the grout on which is a deep tanish brown color. I then went to HD to get some other supplies and when I got back my aunt had started using the sealer.. According to the sealer it say wait 24-48 hours after applying the grout. She was almost done with the sealer by the time I got back so I just said screw it and let her finish.. Now the grout is half brown and half white.. It kind of blends into the tarvertine which is ivory/white color, but I think I want a consistent grout color...

Is the two tone color a result of putting the sealer too early? Can we just apply another layer of grout to fix this.. will the sealer affect anything or should I just let the grout cure for a few days and see if things become consistent.

Old 11-21-05, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You cant add more grout on top it will only be a thin layer and flake off over time. I would say the sealer caused the problem as the grout needs to properly hydrate first. I dont think it will change. If you want to wait and see you can , but the more the grout dries the more it will harden and make it tougher to remove if it doesnt all go to one color. With the sealer on it now, even a grout colorant is out of the question. Personally, I think the bad news will be "Rip it out and replace the grout, all of it."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: