Backerboard question

Old 12-06-05, 08:12 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Backerboard question

I'm planning a bathroom remodel and plan a 4-piece tub shower enclosure, then tile on the remaining walls in the bathroom, up to about 4 feet from the floor then just painted walls to the ceiling. My question has to do with the wall board material under the tile. I've read that cement backer board should be used for shower or tub areas, but I'm not tiling there. Should I still use cement backer board for the walls that will have tile? Can I use green board instead? What about for the walls that will just be painted, should I continue the greenboard all the way to the ceiling? Or should I transition to drywall for the area above the tiles, and if so, how should I make the transition? Also, while at home Depot a few weeks ago, I notices some ORANGE drywall, said something about mildew resistant. Does anyone know anthy=ing about this? Is it the "new" greenboard?

Old 12-07-05, 11:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can use the greenboard on walls outside the tub/shower area. Never heard or saw the new moisture resistant board you are talking about.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: