Softscrub on marble tile, help

Old 03-03-06, 01:35 PM
joeil
Visiting Guest
Softscrub on marble tile, help

ok guys i have a marble floor in my bathroom and after washing down my show area with softscrub it had dripped onto the black marble floor.. and now there are foot prints.. any idea on how to get this off??? i did try a cleaner and it did nothing.. any idea would be great.. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-06, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you dont get any replies, try asking over at www.ntc-stone.com There are professional stone polishers and refinishers over there who can tell you what kind of cleaner to use and more importanatly what not to use. Have the name of your stone posted in your question if you know it. Various stones will react differently to the same cleaner so a name will help them in guiding you.

Old 04-24-07, 10:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
about your black marble what you have done is acid etched your marble and the re is nothing you can do you will need to contact a stone restoration company like myself the floor will need to have diamonds put on it to remove etch then will need to be polished and sealed this is the hardest on black exspecialy if youhave lippage ..... you said footprints how much of the floor are we talking about and how old is the floor also do not use acids or vinigar this will make it alot worse

MODERATOR NOTE: Posting your company name is not allowed in forums. No advertising allowed.

Last edited by twelvepole; 04-25-07 at 05:34 AM. Reason: ADVERTISING
Old 04-25-07, 05:45 AM
If you have natural stone products in your home, these must be cleaned and maintained with products recommended for marble. The usual cleaners from underneath the sink can do damage. Marble is a softer limestone product and easily harmed by citric and other acids, alcohol and oils. As indicated, a stone restorationist will have to polish to restore the marble floor.