Ceramic Tile Labor Efficiency

Old 03-08-06, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceramic Tile Labor Efficiency

Looking for some software to improve my tile company's efficiency. Also any business owners out there got any tips on speed in laying tile?

I have about 4 setters and 4 helpers with usually two jobs going at once. Should I put all 8 guys on one job or split them up? Business is picking up so much I might need even more labor.

We are very good and do high quality work but I just want to be even better.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-06, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First let me say that this probably isn't the proper forum to ask a professional question, being a D.I.Y. board and all.

But, being a professional, I will try to answer as best I can.

Should I put all 8 guys on one job or split them up?
Depends on the job.
Huge job might benefit from having all of them there, smaller jobs they would be all over each other.

Also any business owners out there got any tips on speed in laying tile?
Proper tools, proper materials, proper instructions

A person can only put down so many square feet a day, and that will vary from job to job and person to person. Make sure everyone keeps each other busy (setters not waiting on helpers and vice versa).
Personally I find the biggest time wasters of all are mistakes(like the ones made in hurry up mode).
Wrong/ not enough material, things that need to be corrected because they weren't done properly in the first place, etc.

Google John Bridge and ask there its a forum for tile pro's, I don't think I'm allowed to give a link here.