Tiling Bathroom

Old 03-28-06, 01:42 PM
goddy1
Visiting Guest
Tiling Bathroom

Tiling walls and floor. Just my first tile project and I have read everything about doing it. One question is should I do the walls first or the floors first? Second question is do the tiles butt up and
to each other at the floor to wall transistion, thencaulked or is thier a grout line at this transistion?

thxs for any advice
goddy1

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-06, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tile the walls first. Leave out the bottom row of tile on the walls. The floor will not be perfectly level so you won't be using a full tile on the bottom row of the walls anyway. Then tile the floor. Fill in the bottom row of tile on the walls, cutting each tile to the size needed. Leave a gap between the bottom row of tile and the floor approx the same size as the grout joints. Caulk the joint between the walls and floor.

Old 03-28-06, 04:10 PM
goddy1
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by goddy1
Tiling walls and floor. Just my first tile project and I have read everything about doing it. One question is should I do the walls first or the floors first? Second question is do the tiles butt up and
to each other at the floor to wall transistion, thencaulked or is thier a grout line at this transistion?

thxs for any advice
goddy1

thxs HERESJOHNNY/should I grout the wall tiles, even though I'm leaving a row out/or should I grout the walls and floor together

Old 03-28-06, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The grouting will go a lot faster than the tiling. Wait till the end and you can grout the walls and floor at the same time.