tile cutting

Old 04-10-06, 05:47 PM
roland2002
Visiting Guest
tile cutting

i do a good amount of tile patch/repair around bath faucets in my maintenance job but i do not want to use a wet saw. for the cuts i have been using a roto-zip with a tile bit, but this creates a room full of dust and is not too accurate. i can.t use nippers for this because i end up not being able to cut right angle cuts they only break off the tile. does anyone know of any power tool or something besides a wet saw.
roland in ct

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-06, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I sometimes use a 4.5" right angle grider with a continuous rim dry cut diamond blade on it. All can be had at HD or Lowes for under $100 total.
It also creates a lot of dust though but with practice you can actually cut a square hole out of the middle of the tile or do the L shape cut. Wear goggles and a mask.
Other than that go for a cheap wet saw.

Old 04-10-06, 08:44 PM
Of course, you can also mark your cuts and do them outside. I was doing that even in the middle of winter.

Old 04-11-06, 12:59 PM
roland2002
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up tile cutting

tileguybob + timinindy tks for the replies. i am going to look into the grinder and see how it works for me.
roland in ct.

Old 04-11-06, 08:10 PM
Get the DeWalt or go to Sears and get a Craftsman. Some of the other brands have locking nuts on the spindle that dont clamp down tight enough on the diamond blade.