Ceramic tile in bathroom? Painting panelling?

Old 04-22-06, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceramic tile in bathroom? Painting panelling?

I live in a mini (mobile) home, and I am renovating. There is disgusting panelling throughout and I hate it, therefore, I painted the living room, and plan to paint the hallway. But the dining room has the kind of panelling that looks like it has lots of "scratches" in the wood and when painted it would show. (This is the way the panelling was made and not scratches from usage, etc.) Is there some kind of primer or something that when applied would fill the "scratches"? I thought about papering, but I thought it might tear with the shifting of the unit.

I have the complete bathroom to renovate, and would like to put ceramic tile on the floor. I was told that it is not a good idea to do this in mobiles. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Summers

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-06, 12:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Use an antiqueing-glaze on the walls and take advantage of the scratches or rag-roll the walls to disquise the scratches.

Usually sheet vinyl flooring is the best for a mobile home bathroom.

Old 04-24-06, 09:13 AM
Bathroom renos

Thanks, Bud for the floor and panelling info. Now I have another question:

Got this place almost 2 years ago and I am gradually replacing/repairing things. The bath is my last thing to do in the interior. It's also the most expensive project. The water here is very hard and the bathroom sink and tub have water stains embedded in the enamel. I am going to replace the fixtures as well. I can't find anything to take the stains out, but I am not really concerned as they have to be replaced. But for future reference, I would like to have a stain resistant tub and sink, if available. Are there tubs and sinks on the market that perhaps have a coating that resists this hard water stains?

Thanks, Summer