How to screw Dishwasher into granite

Old 06-09-06, 10:03 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to screw Dishwasher into granite

Just finished my kitchen remodel and the only thing left is how to screw the dishwasher into the granite, I have been using duct tape as a temporary solution over the 2 metal bars from the dishwasher to the granite.

I thought I had this one figured out and was going to use two 3/8" wood blocks and silicon them to the granite and then screw 4 screws into the wood, but the wife didn't like the reflection from the wood onto her S.S. dishwasher.

So now I can either silicon the metal bars on to the granite, or learn how to screw into my 1 1/2" granite.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-10-06, 05:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Use the silicone method. Granite is easy to crack. Most countertop installers drill the holes for dishwashers when they cut the slab. Trying to do this DIY is taking a BIG chance. Good luck.

Old 06-10-06, 05:43 AM
W
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
I installed a small strip of 5/4"X4" maple stained to match my cabinets. The piece spans the DW opening. You should do this before the countertops are installed. I also installed a 2X4 on edge at the rear of the DW space spanning between the adjacent cabinets. Both pieces will also help support the granite.
The above is my response to an earlier thread. Done correctly, the piece looks like a part of a cabinet face frame. It provides an anchor point but it also serves to support the granite where it spans the DW opening.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: