Potential issue with putting a toilet back after tile work...

Old 06-13-06, 06:12 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Potential issue with putting a toilet back after tile work...

I am getting ready to tile a half bath and have been mentally walking through the project. I am going to tile the floor with 18X18 marble and then the walls to the ceiling. Something I noticed is that the toilet is currently installed in a manner that the back of the toilet is actually up against the wall (no space). So the issue is that once I tile the wall, the toilet will not fit back in or be leaning on the wall. Are there any quick fixes or should I have the builder come out and fix it before I begin tiling (I am still under warrenty)? Thanks all.

Old 06-13-06, 07:47 AM
T
Yes, there is a quick fix. It's called an "offset toilet flange." So tile away.

Old 06-13-06, 12:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
.....and the offset may not be necessary. Those toilet tanks have some freedom to move a little and yours may be adjustable. Loosen the two tank bolts and see if the tank will move forward slightly, I'm sure it will. You don't need a builder and you are only talking about 3/8" of additioanl space is all taht you need. In addition to that you may also have a little movement at the base, there is a little flexibility there also.

Old 06-14-06, 05:41 AM
J
Thanks guys. My fear was that the toilet was pushed away from the wall as much as possible already and it just happened to fit (although I will test to see if it as some more give before I take it out).

Either way, now knowing that there is such a thing as an "offset toilet flange" available, I know what I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: