Project Pics Tile Entryway!!

Old 11-11-06, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Project Pics Tile Entryway!!

I very very very happy the way this project turned out. I posted earlier on info about misc stuff and I thought I would share the 2 pics of the Tile entryway that I just finished today. I have to do the grout tomorrow. I know somethings aren't the 100% correct way to do it but w/ the door height from the floor to the bottom of the door I only have one option. Cement board on top of the hardwood floor. Thanks everyone for the info and help!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cplank69/detail?.dir=c327&.dnm=145dre2.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cplank69/detail?.dir=c327&.dnm=f5f7re2.jpg&.src=ph

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-06, 08:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hopefully your subfloor is sturdy enough with no movement or else failure WILL result in the tile.

Old 11-12-06, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
That was the biggest concern I had, but there is the hardwood fl which was very sturdy, no lose boards, etc., and under that there is 1 inch board planks. I couldn't use what they said the plywood and then cement board b/c of the door that has to open. I only have about a 1/2" if that clearance now w/ the tile down. I just got done grouting it and looks great! I am very pleased since it is my first time doing this. I will post some final pics later today.
I hope it don't fail but that is the chance we took!!

Old 11-12-06, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good luck with that.