Sealing Ceramic Floor Tile Grout

Old 01-09-07, 06:11 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sealing Ceramic Floor Tile Grout

What do I use and how do I apply a sealer to the grout? Will this help keep the grout from changing color due to dirt and grime?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-07, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sealer helps make the grout less susceptible to staining, but is not a replacement for a good cleaning program and should be redone about once a year. Sealers come in different glosses. The matt finishes tend not to change the appearance of the grout much where the gloss finishes do. There is an applicator bottle designed to apply the sealer with that works fairly well. I've also used a small paint brush in a pinch. Any good tile store should be able to help with the choice of sealer to use and have it in stock. I wouldn't go to a discount box store, their help tends not to be much help with product knowledge. Go to a real tile store where they know what they're doing.

Old 01-12-07, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

dear johnam
To answer your second question "Will this help keep the grout from changing colour due to dirt and grime?"
Sealing your grout lines will help to won't let the stain penetrate inside the porous cement which grout joint are made of it. Eventually they will turn in colour due to dirt but much easier to clean because the grime will stay on the surface of the grout.

Good look