slate backsplash...

Old 01-31-07, 05:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
slate backsplash...

i have a newly installed multi-colored slate backsplash (1x1 tiles) in my kitchen. I've buffed all the grout haze off, and have been misting it with water 4 times a day for the past 2 days. What I notice is the tile looks so much better and detailed when it is wet. I still have to seal the tile and grout, so my question is..... Is there a tile and grout sealer available that I can apply, that will give me the protection most sealers give but still give me this "wet" look? Or is there another product other than a sealer I should use? Can a specific product be recommended? thank you in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-07, 05:45 AM
Sealing slate will give you the look that it is when it is wet. There are both penetrating and surface sealers for slate. Check at your local stone dealer or home center. Test first on an extra piece of slate to see if the sealer provides the look you like.

Old 01-31-07, 06:37 AM
Sealers come in matt and gloss finishes for that reason. There is also a product called stone glamour that's used on rock that may work.

Old 01-31-07, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
AquaMix makes a good line of sealers for natural stone. Check out this page. HD carries some of the AquaMix line.

http://www.aqua-mix.com/category.asp?CAT=AQST&TRAIL=MAIN,

If you have some extra pieces of slate, you can do a test with them to see if the sealer gives you the look you want. Multiple coats will make it darker and wetter looking.