Uneven ceramic tiles

Old 01-31-07, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Uneven ceramic tiles

How do you fix or correct ceramic tiles on a kitchen floor that are either too high or uneven?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-07, 07:43 AM
Take it up and re-do it the right way....

Old 01-31-07, 08:10 AM
Unhappy Uneven kitchen ceramic tiles

I am helping a good friend out with rehab a house, they hired someone to lay the ceramic tiles in the kitchen. The floor was grouted with the wrong color, we are in the process of getting the grout out, but as we go along there are some tiles uneven (higher) than the one beside it. So, as we are ungrouting the floor, I was hoping to some how correct tiles (praying not to pop it out) but doing something else. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-07, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Ceramic tiles need to be adjusted when they are being set. Once the thinset sets up you'll need to remove the offending tiles and reset them. There is no easy way. You can use a grout colorant to change the color of grout without removing it.

Old 01-31-07, 01:54 PM
Honestly, I have 2 or 3 tiles in the first tile floor i laid that are a little uneven and I'm not conerned with it. Sounds like it shouldn't be much of a concern to you considering you didn't notice it until you were down on the floor ripping out the grout...

You have two options, leave it, our rip out the high tiles - wich believe me, when trying to be delicate enough to only take out a specific tile, is NO FUN.

HeresJohnny - how is a tile offensive anyway? Did it make a rude gesture?

Old 01-31-07, 01:57 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If they are not high enough to stub your toe on or trip you then they are ok. Just kidding. How high are these "offending tiles"?