Want my slate to look wet all the time.

Old 02-25-07, 09:05 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Want my slate to look wet all the time.

Hi, I'm putting in a slate border around a room in my home. I absolutely love how the slate looks when it's wet. I want to know if there is some kind of pre-sealing treatment I can do to maintain that wet look, so that the gorgeous colors in the slate are maintained. Currently we are using the AquaMix family of chemicals on the tiles. They have a color enhancing sealer, which does punch up the color, but still leaves it dull or dry looking. I have sealed some of the tiles with their high gloss sealer, which makes them shiny, but now they look dry and shiny, and again the color is lost. I would like to know if I can use their color enhancer in conjunction with their high gloss sealer. I have emailed this question to them directly, but they won't be getting back to me until Monday, and I want to know now!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-07, 09:34 AM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi she-rah,

I perfectly understand what you mean and I am also eager to know how to achieve these great looking colors you seek.

Old 02-25-07, 10:57 AM
S
Wet lookin' Slate

I am investigating Tenax Ager, which is some type of sealer that keeps the "wet look". Just found it on a link from DIY. I am going to a tyle store to see if I can learn more there. I'll keep you posted. Still open to outside input!

Old 02-25-07, 04:57 PM
Take a look at the "Wet Look Lacquer" at www.tricoat.com/whmnt/whitemountain-products.htm I have not used it but have talked to other guys who have in the past with good results.