one wide line

Old 03-12-07, 10:27 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
one wide line

After a more careful examination of the newly tiled floor, I am seeing a mistake was made when spacing the tiles. I originally thought this to be a crooked line; however, after reading some of the posts on this site I see the reason for the imperfection is caused more by uneven floors, or different sized tiles. The question I have is, how do I hide the one line that is wider than all the rest of the lines on the floor? I have read articles where some people grout the floor, than paint the lines the same colour as the tiles, than seal the tiles. Can anyone give me any ideas as I do not want to rip up the whole floor and start over. There is only one line about eight feet long that is wider than the rest of the floor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-07, 12:53 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are the tiles too small in this one run? If so you could bust up only those tiles and replace them. Or you could do as you said. Partially paint the grout line to match the color of the tile and then seal.

Old 03-14-07, 03:59 PM
H
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Have you grouted yet? Using a grout that is close in color to the tile may help to hide the wider grout joint. I haven't seen the paint trick done but cant imagine it would look good. I would have to be a perfect color match to the tile and a perfect paint job. Also the painted grout would have a different texture than the tile. Also the paint on the floor is not likely to stand the test of time.