Another beginner question...

Old 03-15-07, 11:24 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Another beginner question...

If I am tiling only part the way up a wall, and the tile I have chosen does not have a matching bullnose, and I can't find another one that goes well with it, how do I finish the edge?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-07, 12:07 PM
J
You can try a tile shop and see how much they will charge to bullnose and polish your existing tile. If its ceramic I don't know how it will look but its worth a shot.

Old 03-15-07, 12:25 PM
T
try this site WWW.Schluter.com
The profiles are called Rondec and another one is Jolly. Made in PVC and meta.
One other thing, if the tile is pocelain, then it can be bullnosed. If its a ceramic it can't be done and look good. Porcelain bullnosing is done by a few companies that specialize in such a thing.
Jim

Old 03-15-07, 01:34 PM
H
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Most natural stone tile can be bullnosed as well. If you have ceramic, then finding a complimentary bullnose tile or using the Rondec or Jolly as Jim suggested would be your best bet.

I saw a post on here a week or two ago, where someone found a website where they will actually custom make any matching bullnose tile. You send them a sample of your tile and they make matching bullnose. I don't know the cost but its probably pricey. I didnt bookmark the thread, but you may be able to do a search to find it.