how can I fix poor tile work?

Old 03-17-07, 12:31 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy how can I fix poor tile work?

I recently had tile work done in my bathroom , kitchen floors but the work was poor. In some areas the grout work wsa bad and no sealant was used. In other areas the they put sealant on but no grout. I would like to fix it myself, how can I do this?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-07, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A colored caulk matched to the grout color should have been used on the walls at any change in plane of the tile, like an inside corner or where the tile touches the tub/shower unit. Where exactly did they put the sealant? Is the grout just messy or does it have high/low spots in the joint?
You cant just put another layer of grout over an existing one, it does not meld into one new layer but rather stays two layers with the new one not any thicker than a layer of paint, and I'm sure you have seen a coat of paint flick off an older layer without a lot of effort.
If you want to replace the grout you have to dig about 2/3 of the way down into the grout joint so that the new will have a place to bite and hold. If you want to just change the color of the grout to make it look uniform, and no need to remove any, do a search for groutdye.com.