Transition strip for wood to tile

Old 04-09-07, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Transition strip for wood to tile

I have recently have had ceramic tiles installed in my front entryway of my older bungalow. The tiles have yet to be grouted and completed. Because the tiles are adjacent to hardwood floor, the tiles are approx. 1/2" or more above hardwood. I am hoping there is a proper edging installation that will be placed in order that it appears more finished. Please let me know what is available out in the marketplace. Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-07, 05:24 PM
I would look for a reducer strip. If you can't find one, perhaps you can make your own. All you need is a piece of wood similar to the hardwood flooring, as long as the space where the tile and hardwood meet, and about 1 1/2" - 2" wide. Trim it to match the height of the tile and saw, plane and sand it almost to zero( better to round it slightly than come to a point) where it will meet the hardwood. A perfect DIY project.

Old 04-09-07, 08:56 PM
Very good idea just get a strip of wood and make it how you would like.

Old 04-10-07, 12:03 PM
Smile Spouse Question

Thanks folks. It appears we are going try to do exactly as you advised. Hubby has been to different flooring stores and has determined this is our best avenue - to go with same wood floor transition or reducer strip as suggested. I am so glad I found this site (stress has been relieved!)