transistion strips


Old 04-20-07, 12:28 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 305
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
transistion strips

I have hard wood floors that are going to meet my kitchen that will be tile. The floor will be higher in the kitchen. What kind of transition strip do I get and which side does it go on, the tile side which is higher or the hardwood floors. At the end of my kitchen where it meets the dining room, it is an actual step so I would need a transition strip there, not sure what to use there since it is a step
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-07, 07:11 AM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,834
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Going from hardwood down to tile, you use a reducer. At the edge of landings or steps, you use a stairnose. Your hardwood flooring dealer should have these transition pieces.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: