Satillo Tile Removal...how long?

Old 06-24-07, 04:02 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Satillo Tile Removal...how long?

Hey All,
I'm planning on going to Home Depot fairly soon and renting the largest rotary hammer they have available to remove 700sqft of Satillo Tile (12"x12"). Anyways, it was set directly on the foundation and I'm really not looking forward to the removal. I've tried with a hand chisel, scrapers, and may other devices of destruction that have pretty much gotten me no where. The tile dents, it does not shatter, much to my dismay!

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how much time I'm going to have to rent this tool for as it's $55 a day. The gentleman at Home Depot seems to think that 700sqft won't be a big deal to get done in 24 hours, I have my doubts. Has anyone ever used one of these to get through tile that was thinset directly to the foundation? How long did it take you and how much were you taking up?

Thanks!
Jared

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-07, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Its really a function of how well the old tile were set in place. You could do it in one day with help, mainly to get the chipped up debris out of your way and to keep the room swept clean for safety while you work. Filling buckets to cart the old out to a dumpster will take a lot of time, it would be well worth it to hire a day laboer if you cant sucker some friends into helping you. The more you have, the quicker it will go.